Pepperoni Pizza Quinoa Cups and Easy Pizza Sauce
The Pepperoni Pizza Quinoa Cups and Easy Pizza Sauce recipes are shared, with permission, from "The Everything Wheat-Free Diet Cookbook" by Lauren Kelly, CN
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 12 cups
- For Quinoa Cups:1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup nitrate-free pepperoni diced
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup finely minced mushrooms
- 1 tsp oregano diced
- 1 tsp basil dried
- 1/2 tsp paprika dried
- 1/2 tsp fennel seed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes diced
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- pizza sauce for dipping (recipe below)
- For Pizza Sauce:1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic finely chopped ( I used two small)
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 tbsp ground oregano
- 1 tsp ground basil
- 1/2 tsp turbinado sugar I used 2 tbsp coconut sugar here
- 1/2 tsp salt
For Quinoa Cups:Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a muffin tray with nonstick cooking spray.
Place all the ingredients, except pizza sauce in a medium size mixing bowl. Stir thoroughly to combine.
Pour the quinoa mixture into muffin tins.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5-10 minutes to cool before serving.
Serve with easy pizza sauce for dipping.
For Dipping Sauce:In a skillet over medium heat, place the oil, garlic and onions. Simmer until they soften, about 2-3 minutes.
In a medium bowl, mix together tomato sauce and tomato paste until smooth. Stir in oregano, basil, sugar and salt. Add the cooked garlic and onions and stir.
Makes sauce for about 4 (10″) pizzas.