Prosciutto Fig Salad with Fig Balsamic Dressing
Prosciutto Fig Salad with Fig Balsamic Dressing is a hearty, healthy dinner salad made with fresh figs. With crunchy walnuts and salty prosciutto, this easy salad recipe will welcome your taste buds with loads of flavor and texture.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 3 minutes
Total Time 13 minutes
- For the Salad:2 cups gourmet lettuce blend arugula, spinach and spring mix
- 8 fresh figs rinsed and sliced in half
- 4 slices prosciutto ham chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted
- For the Dressing:1 large shallot minced
- 2 tbsp fig preserves
- 4 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp good quality balsamic vinegar
- dash salt and pepper
In a small sauce pan over medium heat, sauté the minced shallot in the 1 tsp olive oil until soft, about 3 minutes.
Spoon the shallots into a small mason or glass jar and add all other dressing ingredients.
Screw on lid and shake vigorously until well mixed.
Assemble your salad into two bowls and top with dressing.