Easy Protein Pumpkin Muffins
Healthy yet decadent cinnamon-spiced pumpkin muffins made with Kodiak Cakes mix, perfect for breakfast, snack, and dessert!
- 2 cups Kodiak Power Cakes Buttermilk Flapjack Mix
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ cup maple sugar you can easily substitute with light brown sugar or regular sugar here. The maple sugar, however, adds incredible flavor!
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- *Optional: raw turbinado cane sugar for sprinkling on top before baking
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place 12 cupcake liners in a muffin pan.
Whisk all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups.
Sprinkle the tops with a little raw turbinado sugar, if desired.
Bake for 16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Don't overmix! Once the wet ingredients are thoroughly combined with the flapjack mix, pour the batter into the muffin pan, and get it in the oven.
- For fluffy muffins with a moist and tender crumb, don't let the batter sit once it's mixed. Instead, immediately pour it into your muffin pan, and get the pan into the oven asap.
- Add ½ cup of chocolate chips or chopped walnuts to the batter for a delicious variation.
Calories: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0.002g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 141mg | Potassium: 112mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 3225IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1mg