Blueberry Protein Donuts with Orange Glaze
These delicious Blueberry Protein Donuts are gluten-free, full of flavor, and topped with a heavenly fresh orange glaze.
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free baking mix you can also use regular all-purpose baking mix
- 30 grams whey protein concentrate I used Naked Whey
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup egg whites
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk can also use regular milk
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp real maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp fresh orange zest
- ½ pint fresh blueberries rinsed and drained
- For The Glaze
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ tsp orange zest
- ¼ tsp pure orange extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray 2 (6 hole) donut pans with cooking spray.
In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the flour and protein powder.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine all remaining ingredients.
Slowly add in the flour mixture until combined.
Gently fold blueberries into the batter with a spatula
Pour the batter, evenly, into 10 donut molds. Bake for 14 minutes. Be sure not to overbake.
Whisk the glaze ingredients together in a small bowl and drizzle over donut right before eating.
*Nutrition info is for donut only.
For the glaze: 10 servings (1 tsp each) Calories 26; Fat- 0 grams; Carbs- 7 grams; Protein- 0 grams.
Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 5g