Gluten-Free Protein Pumpkin Pancakes
Delicious and healthy protein-packed pancakes made with pumpkin puree, ground flaxseed, oats, and whey protein powder
Prep Time 5 minutes minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes minutes
Total Time 15 minutes minutes
- ¼ cup unflavored whey protein powder
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoon quick oats
- 1 tablespoon brown rice flour
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- *Extra virgin coconut oil for frying I use about 2 tablespoon for the whole batch
Stir all ingredients together with a whisk until well incorporated.
Heat a skillet or griddle pan over medium-high heat.
Melt coconut oil on griddle and drop batter in ¼ cup size drops onto hot pan.
Cook pancakes until they start to bubble up and then flip to cook the other side (should be lightly golden brown before you flip).
Serve with a dollop of grass-fed butter and real maple syrup or homemade apple butter.
- Nut butter (amazing melted in the microwave first!)
- Pure maple syrup, flavored syrups, or sugar-free syrup
- Pumpkin or apple butter (a fall favorite!)
- Fresh fruit
- Whipped cream cheese
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate sauce
- Chocolate chips (you can also stir a few chocolate chips into the batter)
Serving: 2g | Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 186mg | Sodium: 147mg | Potassium: 208mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 5040IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 133mg | Iron: 3mg