Gluten Free Zucchini Bread
This gluten free zucchini bread is incredibly moist, and so healthy, with an added boost of protein powder and extra fiber from chia seed flour.
- 1 ½ cups Pamela's gluten-free baking mix or any other GF baking mix with leavening ingredients
- ½ cup chia seed flour or make your own by grinding the seeds to a powder
- ¼ cup unflavored protein powder (can be whey or soy-based)
- 1 cup coconut sugar or raw sugar
- ½ cup agave nectar can also use honey or real maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¾ cup unrefined coconut oil melted and cooled
- 2 ½ cups shredded zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- *optional- ½ cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine coconut sugar, agave nectar (or honey or maple syrup-your preference), applesauce, coconut oil (make sure it's room temperature), lemon juice and eggs. Mix thoroughly.
In a separate bowl, combine flours, protein powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Add dry ingredients to wet mixture and blend until mixed. Fold in zucchini and nuts.
Divide mixture into four greased mini loaf pans and bake for 35-40 minutes, or two regular loaf pans for 55 minutes or until baked through.
Calories: 365kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 205mg | Potassium: 140mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 117IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 1mg