Spinach and Artichoke Appetizers
Spinach and Artichoke Pinwheel Appetizers are a delicious combination of puff pastry dough, spinach, marinated artichokes, and Parmesan cheese. You should get about 12 slices per roll.
- 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach thawed
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts drained and chopped(I use ½ marinated artichokes and ½ reg-it gives them more flavor)
- ½ cup mayonnaise I use light safflower mayo
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 17.3 oz package frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg mixed with 1 tablespoon of water for the egg wash
Thaw puff pastry at room temperature 30 minutes.
Drain spinach well, pressing between layers of paper towels.
Stir together spinach, artichoke hearts, and next 5 ingredients.
Unfold pastry, and place on a lightly floured surface or heavy-duty plastic wrap.
Spread half of the spinach mixture evenly over pastry sheet, leaving a ½-inch border.
Roll up pastry, jellyroll fashion, pressing to seal seam; wrap in heavy-duty plastic wrap.
Repeat procedure with remaining pastry and spinach mixture.
Freeze 30 minutes; cut into ½-inch-thick slices. (Rolls may be frozen up to 3 months unbaked.)
Mix 1 egg and 1 tablespoon water in a small dish. Brush egg mixture on each piece before baking.
Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 182mg | Potassium: 57mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1406IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg