Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan
This easy baked chicken parmesan makes a tasty, healthy and kid-friendly weeknight meal that doesn't take a lot of time to prepare.
Servings 6 servings
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts 4 oz each
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour or spelt flour
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups marinara sauce homemade or your favorite store-bought brand
- 4 oz freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a shallow dish, mix flour, sea salt, garlic powder and pepper.
Dredge chicken breasts in flour mixture and shake off excess. Discard extra flour mixture.
Heat olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
Saute chicken breasts until lightly golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes.
Remove pan from the heat and top with the 2 cups of marinara sauce.
Sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Calories: 378kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 22g