Double Chocolate Gluten-Free Bran Muffins
A gluten-free chocolate muffin recipe made with rich cocoa powder, oat bran, gluten-free flour and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Servings 15 muffins
- 1 cup oat bran cereal measured dry *I used Quaker oat bran cereal
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour *King Arthur brand recommended
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk *I used Almond Breeze unsweetened chocolate almond millk
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp good quality vanilla extract
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
Heat oven to 375 degrees.
Place paper baking cups in a 12 muffin pan.
Whisk together: oat bran, gluten-free flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Whisk together wet ingredients and brown sugar until blended. You can use a stand mixer for this.
Combine flour mixture and wet mixture.
Stir until combined and then fold in the chocolate chips.
Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
Bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Immediately remove muffins from pan and cool on a wire rack or serve warm.
Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 129mg | Potassium: 151mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 22IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 2mg