Creamy Prosciutto Mushroom Chicken (Crockpot)
This easy and delicious low-carb & keto-friendly recipe for creamy Crockpot chicken with prosciutto ham and mushrooms makes meal planning a breeze made with boneless chicken breasts, Italian dressing mix, prosciutto ham, fresh mushrooms, chicken broth, and cream cheese.
Servings 6 servings
- 6 organic boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- 1 package 8 ozs. cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton organic 10 ¾ ozs. cream of chicken soup (such as Pacific Foods brand)
- 6 oz finely diced pancetta or prosciutto they are both good here, but pancetta renders more fat which adds a depth of flavor
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
In a large sauté pan, cook pancetta (or prosciutto) on medium heat until lightly browned and fat is rendered.
Remove pancetta with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add chicken breasts to the pan drippings and turn heat to medium-high.
Brown both sides of the chicken breasts and place in a slow cooker, sprinkling the pancetta on top.
Drizzle remaining pancetta drippings over top and sprinkle with the seasoning packet.
Pour broth on top.
Cover and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours.
In a small mixing bowl, blend cream cheese and soup until smooth.
Stir in mushrooms.
Pour cream cheese mixture over chicken.
Cook 1 to 2 hours longer or until chicken juices run clear; stirring once halfway to prevent burning around the edges.
Serve over brown rice.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 22g