Italian Pork and Brown Rice Skillet
This one-dish pork & brown rice skillet is good, nutritious eats!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cups cooked brown rice
- 1 lb fresh ground pork
- ¾ cup onion chopped
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 16 oz carton chopped tomatoes
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 small yellow squash chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Heat EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) in a large saute pan over medium heat.
Add garlic, onion and pork and cook until onion is soft and meat is no longer pink.
Add mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes, until mushrooms are soft and lightly golden brown.
Drain and add tomatoes, tomato sauce and seasonings.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and add squash and rice.
Cook for 7-10 minutes until squash is tender.
Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve.
Calories: 481kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 1110mg | Potassium: 1161mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 574IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 4mg