Roasted Vegetable Power Bowl with Creamy Avocado Dressing
A recipe for a roasted vegetable power bowl full of healthy fiber, plant-based protein, micronutrients and topped with a creamy Greek yogurt avocado dressing.
Servings 4 servings
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 cup cooked lentils prepared in vegetable broth according to package directions
- 1 cup cooked quinoa prepared in vegetable broth according to package directions
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling over vegetables (can also use olive oil spray)
- ½ ripe avocado
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- ½ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 3 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar or honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Spread broccoli, cauliflower and carrots evenly onto a roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil.
Toss to coat veggies well.
Roast for 20-25 minutes until vegetables are lightly browning and soft.
While vegetables are roasting, divide lentils and quinoa evenly among 4 bowls.
In a small blender or food processor, combine avocado, cilantro, yogurt, garlic, lime juice, sugar or honey, salt and onion powder.
Blend until smooth.
Top lentils and quinoa with hot roasted vegetables from the oven and drizzle the avocado dressing evenly among the four bowls.
Calories: 228kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 387mg | Potassium: 888mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 9281IU | Vitamin C: 74mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 4mg