Thai Coconut Curry Soup with Shrimp
Thai Coconut Curry Soup with shrimp is a satisfying and nutritious meal, made with whole-grain Udon noodles, shrimp, chicken broth and coconut milk.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 10 oz whole grain rice noodles udon
- 1 tbsp safflower oil divided
- 5 tbsp Thai yellow curry paste
- 4 cups chicken stock use stock not broth for best flavor
- 13.5 oz can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups fresh shrimp peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1/2 English cucumber thinly sliced or diced
Boil noodles according to package directions. Drain, rinse under cold water and toss with 1 tsp oil.
Heat remaining oil in a medium sauce pan (I used a dutch oven) over medium heat. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
Whisk in stock. Raise heat and bring to a boil. Whisk in coconut milk, reduce heat to medium and add shrimp. Cook 2-3 minutes, until shrimp just turn pink, then remove pan from heat.
Stir in noodles. Cut lemon in half and squeeze 1 half into the saucepan. Cut remaining half lemon into 4 wedges.
Ladle into bowls and garnish with cucumber slices and lemon wedges.