Spicy Paleo Tuna Salad with Lemon Kale
Paleo tuna salad is a healthier option for anyone who loves tuna salad! This delicious deli salad is served over lemony kale greens for even more health benefits. Tuna salad without mayo just wouldn't be the same, so this paleo tuna salad recipe is made with homemade paleo mayonnaise!
- For the Paleo Tuna Salad:2 cups white albacore tuna
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp diced pickled jalapeños in the jar, drained
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 5 tbsp Paleo mayonnaise or to your personal taste
- 2 tbsp finely diced red onion
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- For the Lemon Kale:1 large bunch kale cleaned and hard stems removed
- juice of 1-2 lemons
- drizzle of olive oil
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Serve over kale greens or in a lettuce leaf large enough to wrap up and eat.
Toss fresh kale leaves (remove hard stems) with freshly squeezed lemon juice and olive oil to taste. I am generous on the seasoning for this, because I love lots of lemon!
Sprinkle with sea salt and serve.