Chicken Tortellini Soup
A simple recipe for chicken soup made with chicken broth, boneless chicken breasts, spinach and pasta
Servings 6 servings
- 1 32oz carton organic chicken broth
- 1 32oz carton free range roasted chicken broth
- 1 small diced onion
- 16 oz fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
- 3 small chicken breasts diced-I lightly season them with salt and pepper
- ½ lb fresh spinach stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Fresh grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese block for best flavor
Dice chicken breast and onion.
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan or dutch oven over medium-high heat.
Add chicken and onion and cook for 5-8 minutes or until onion is transparent and chicken is cooked through.
While chicken and onion are cooking, remove stems from spinach and rinse well.
Coarsely chop spinach.
Add stock to dutch oven and raise heat to high and bring to a boil.
Add the tortellini and return to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
Cook for 5-6 minutes until tortellini floats and is cooked through.
Fold in spinach until it is all wilted in the soup.
Season with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
Take off heat and serve topped with grated parm cheese and a crusty whole grain french baguette.
Calories: 426kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 1597mg | Potassium: 898mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3578IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 172mg | Iron: 4mg