A delicious and easy recipe for homemade granola made with whole oats, apricots, golden raisins, almonds, and unsweetened coconut.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats uncooked (not the quick cook)
- 1/2 cup wheat germ *can also use oat bran for a gluten-free version
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flake coconut
- 4 tbsp natural brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup natural apple juice *I used the Simply Apple brand
- 1/2 cup grade A dark amber pure maple syrup
- 6 tbsp Avocado oil
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 10 dried apricots chopped
Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
Spray 2 jelly roll pans with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
Stir together oats, wheat germ, almonds, coconut, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
Mix apple juice, maple syrup and avocado oil in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over low heat.
Add to dry oat mixture and toss thoroughly to coat.
Working a handful at a time, squeeze cereal to form small clumps.
Spread onto pans and bake for 30 minutes.
While granola is baking, chop apricots.
After granola has baked for 30 minutes, remove from oven and stir in raisins and apricots.
Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes more.
Cool and store.
Calories: 374kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Fiber: 6g