Thai Chicken Vegetable Soup
*Recipe courtesy of Swanson
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium carrot peeled and cut into 2-inch matchstick-thin strips (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 medium red bell pepper cut into 2-inch matchstick-thin strips (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms shiitake, oyster, cremini
- 32 ounces 1 carton Swanson® Thai Ginger Flavor Infused Broth
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 14 ounces 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Heat the oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add the carrot and pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the mushrooms, if desired.
Add the broth to the saucepan and heat to a boil.
Reduce the heat to medium-low.
Stir in the chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is hot, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the coconut milk and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
Stir in the lime juice and cilantro just before serving.