Baked Spaghetti Casserole
A family favorite recipe for baked spaghetti casserole made with whole grain pasta, sharp white cheddar cheese, lean ground beef, peppers, mushrooms, and spices.
Servings 12 servings
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup green pepper chopped
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 28 oz tomatoes chopped
- 2.25 oz can sliced black olives drained
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 12 oz spaghetti cooked and drained (I love the Protein Plus spaghetti)
- 2 cups sharp white cheddar cheese shredded from block
- 10 3/4 oz carton organic cream of mushroom soup such as Pacific Foods brand
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Saute mushroom, garlic, onion and green pepper until soft
Add in tomatoes, olives and Italian seasoning and stir until blended
Add ground beef and cook, uncovered, until no longer pink
Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
Add half of the cooked spaghetti, then top with half of the meat mixture
Sprinkle 1 cup cheddar on top, then repeat layers.
Stir mushroom soup and water together and pour over top.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes
Calories: 306kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 383mg | Potassium: 634mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 839IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 230mg | Iron: 2mg