Simple Baked Eggs with Spinach and Salsa
A delicious baked eggs recipe for one made with cheddar cheese and fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped baby spinach or baby kale
- 2 tablespoons prepared salsa
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- kosher salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped, if desired
- 2 crumbled tortilla chips if desired
Preheat the oven to 375’F and coat a ramekin or small baking dish with non-fat cooking spray.
Place the greens in the bottom of the ramekin and spoon salsa on top.
Crack the egg on top of the salsa then drizzle with 1 tablespoon low-fat milk.
Season with salt and pepper and top with cheese.
Bake until whites are set and yolks are just firm around the edges, about 12-15 minutes.
Top with cilantro and crumbled tortilla chips, if desired.
Calories: 175kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 181mg | Sodium: 425mg | Potassium: 236mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1948IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 175mg | Iron: 1mg