Crockpot Barbecue Chicken
A flavorful recipe for Crockpot barbecue chicken that cooks in the slow cooker while you go about your day! This easy recipe can be served as pulled BBQ chicken for sandwiches and sliders or leave the chicken breasts whole and serve with your favorite sides.
Servings 6 servings
- 6 boneless skinless organic chicken breasts
- 18 oz bottle your favorite barbecue sauce I used Stubb's Original BBQ sauce for this recipe and nutrition info
- 1/2 green pepper chopped fine
- 1/2 large sweet onion chopped fine
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 10 oz canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tbsp butter
- Non-stick olive oil cooking spray
Heat 1 tbsp butter in a large pan on medium heat.
Sauté green peppers and onions until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
Spray the crockpot with cooking spray.
Pour the barbecue sauce into the crockpot and add the green peppers and onions.
Add the drained pineapple to the crockpot.
Add the remaining tbsp butter to the sauté pan.
Brown chicken breasts on one side over medium-high heat.
Flip breasts over and add the garlic to the pan. Cook the garlic until lightly golden and brown the other side of the breasts.
Add garlic and chicken to the crockpot mixture.
Stir all together and cook for 6 hours on low.
Serve with your favorite sides.
Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 792mg | Potassium: 509mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 213IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg