Coconut Chia Brown Rice Pudding
An easier and healthier rice pudding dessert naturally sweetened with maple syrup and coconut sugar.
Servings 8 servings
- 2 cups cooked brown rice cook according to package directions
- 13.5 oz can full-fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 tsp good quality vanilla extract
- 2 tsp chia seeds
In a saucepan, over medium-low heat, combine cooked rice, coconut milk, dried fruit maple syrup, coconut sugar, shredded coconut, vanilla and spices.
Heat through while constantly stirring, until pudding begins to thicken.
Remove from heat and stir in chia seeds.
Serve immediately and top with your favorite toppings.
This pudding is good reheated, but you may need to a little more coconut or almond milk to achieve a creamier texture.
Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Sodium: 21mg | Potassium: 237mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 134IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1mg