This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Recipe by Gretchen Brown, RD
What an honor to fill in a little for Amee this week. I think we all can agree that she’s an inspiration.
Her attitude, energy, and spirit are all so incredibly admirable. It is impressive to watch her tackle this struggle so beautifully and to so willingly be an instrument of truth and hope in the face of this challenge. She really is Wonder Woman.
But even Wonder Woman needs to take off her red boots and powerful wrist cuffs every now and then, put her feet up, and rest. In these moments, my first inclination of showing love to others (and sometimes myself) is to bake. Bake something comforting and warm, that smells lovely and tastes delicious. Something that is equally familiar and nutritious, always gluten-free and sweetened naturally.
Blueberry muffins seem to fit those criteria to perfection, topped tenderly with just a bit of streusel. If I could I’d drop off a basket-full at your door to nourish and comfort you and your family today.
But for now I join the ranks of others standing behind you. Through prayer and encouragement we will be here. In the meantime, we’ll hold your cape!
Wild Blueberry Streusel MuffinsPrint Pin Rate
- 1 ¾ cups kumquat’s all-purpose gluten-free flouror other all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- ½ cup maple sugar
- ¼ cup kumquat’s all-purpose gluten-free flour or other all-purpose gluten-free flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line muffin tin with liners.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Combine sour cream, melted butter, egg, and maple syrup in another medium bowl.
- Add liquid mixture to dry mixture and stir until just combined.
- Stir in frozen wild blueberries.
- Spoon mixture into prepared liners, filling ¾-full.
- Stir together streusel ingredients in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle streusel mixture evenly over tops of all of muffin batter.
- Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Yield 12 muffins.
Gretchen F. Brown, RD, is the founder of kumquat, a gluten-free blog devoted to the belief that gluten-free food can and should be easy to prepare, wholesome, and delicious enough for everyone. She recently authored a cookbook, Fast & Simple Gluten-Free, featuring fresh and classic favorites in 30 minutes or less.
Gretchen has worked in the professional test kitchens and photography studios, and is now a freelance recipe developer, food stylist, food writer, and food photographer. She has been gluten-free for several years, as a result of a lifetime of stomach pains and health problems. She lives with her husband, son, and two daughters in Northern Virginia.