This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Hi everyone! I’m Karman, from The Nutrition Adventure, and I’m happy to be here today on Amee’s wonderful blog sharing this tofu spring rolls recipe with all of you. While Amee and I haven’t met in person, we are fellow alums of Blog Brulee, a weekend long conference for healthy-conscious food bloggers, and I hope to one day meet this incredible woman in person. Let’s hear it for Amee for kicking cancer in the butt and being so courageous to honestly share her story with us all!
I couldn’t be happier to see spring in Tennessee and it only seemed appropriate to celebrate warmer weather with one of my favorite lighter, no-cook dishes, spring rolls. Spring rolls may seem intimidating but they really are very easy to prepare. Chopping the veggies takes the most time but once they are ready, you can set up a small assembly line of ingredients to fill up the rice wrapper, then roll away!
Traditionally spring rolls are served with a salty, soy-based dipping sauce, or a creamy peanut butter sauce but I wanted to maximize the veggies in this recipe even more. A slightly sweet, carrot sauce with the zing of ginger seemed like the best thing and you can feel good about dunking into this sauce! These are refreshing, very filling, and full of flavor with the variety of vegetables and the addition of sriracha.
I hope you’ll enjoy this tofu spring rolls recipe and please come say hi over on my blog, The Nutrition Adventure!
- Tofu Spring Rolls:
- 12 rice paper sheets
- 14 ounces extra-firm tofu drained and pressed to remove liquid
- 1 cucumber cut into thin strips
- 1 small head boston lettuce leaves rinsed and patted dry
- 1 medium avocado sliced into thin strips
- ½ medium red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 2 cups sunflower sprouts rinsed and patted dry (other sprouts work too)
- Fresh cilantro rinsed and patted dry
- Sriracha if desired
- Carrot Ginger Sauce:
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- Prepare carrot ginger dip first by combining all ingredients in a blender or small food processor and process until smooth.
- Place into a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prepare tofu by cutting the tofu block in half and then cut each piece in half again.
- Cut each piece into thin strips (you will need 20 thin strips of tofu total).
- Before assembling spring rolls, place all prepared ingredients on a cutting board for easy assembly and have a large plate or cutting board to roll spring rolls.
- Prepare rice paper wrappers according to package directions.
- Place soaked wrapper on plate and start by placing lettuce leaf on wrapper followed by two pieces each of tofu, cucumber, red bell pepper, and avocado.
- Add desired amount of sriracha and then top with cilantro and sunflower sprouts.
- Roll the spring roll by folding the portion of the wrapper closest to you over the ingredients, being sure to tuck in all the ingredients before folding the edges over and continuing to roll up until sealed.
- Place spring rolls on a plate and serve immediately with Carrot Ginger Dip.
- Keep stored in an air-tight container for up to 48 hours in the refrigerator.