This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Paleo tuna salad is a healthier option for anyone who loves tuna salad! This delicious deli salad is served over lemony kale greens for even more health benefits. Tuna salad without mayo just wouldn’t be the same, so this paleo tuna salad recipe is made with homemade paleo mayonnaise!
You can adjust the heat in this paleo tuna salad by using less jalapeños and cayenne pepper. If kale greens are not your thing, then serve it in a lettuce boat of romaine or iceberg. A great addition to this salad is chopped hard boiled eggs, so if you have them handy, toss them in!
Spicy Paleo Tuna Salad
2 cups white albacore tuna
1/2 tsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp diced pickled jalapeños (in the jar), drained
1/2 tsp celery seed
5 tbsp Paleo mayonnaise (or to your personal taste)
2 tbsp finely diced red onion
1 tsp paprika
1/2 cup finely diced celery
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Serve over kale greens or in a lettuce leaf large enough to wrap up and eat.
Lemony Kale Greens
Toss fresh kale leaves (remove hard stems) with freshly squeezed lemon juice and olive oil to taste. I am generous on the seasoning for this, because I love lots of lemon! Sprinkle with sea salt and serve.
Spicy Paleo Tuna Salad with Lemon Kale
- For the Paleo Tuna Salad:2 cups white albacore tuna
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp diced pickled jalapeños in the jar, drained
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 5 tbsp Paleo mayonnaise or to your personal taste
- 2 tbsp finely diced red onion
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- For the Lemon Kale:1 large bunch kale cleaned and hard stems removed
- juice of 1-2 lemons
- drizzle of olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Serve over kale greens or in a lettuce leaf large enough to wrap up and eat.
- Toss fresh kale leaves (remove hard stems) with freshly squeezed lemon juice and olive oil to taste. I am generous on the seasoning for this, because I love lots of lemon!
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve.
Latest posts by Amee Livingston (see all)
- The Best Baked Brie with Apricot Jam & Almonds - December 3, 2019
- Amazing Green Bean Casserole From Scratch - November 24, 2019
- Applewood Bacon-Wrapped Venison Loin with Raspberry Sauce - November 15, 2019