This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Skillet ravioli pizza is a fun and easy kid-friendly meal. This easy pasta dinner recipe is made in one skillet, so clean up is a breeze!
Any meal with the title of “pizza” is automatically appetizing to the little people in my house. Easily prepared meals, like this skillet ravioli pizza, are a great way to involve older children in the kitchen.
Things that are simple to put together with limited steps can engage a little “chef in training”. My son has developed an interest in cooking in the last year. One of his recent creations is pizza chicken. He likes to help out with meals and this skillet ravioli pizza is one of his favorites.
I made two versions of this skillet recipe. The first has artichoke and olive whole-grain ravioli, organic marinara sauce and sliced buffalo mozzarella. The second version has whole grain cheese ravioli, organic marinara, uncured pepperoni, and shredded mozzarella.
There are so many variations that you can do with this “pizza”, using different pastas, cheese varieties, and sauces.
How To Make Skillet Ravioli Pizza
1 1/2 cups water
1 (24oz) package frozen small ravioli (preferably whole grain) *you can use refrigerated ravioli, like the artichoke version that I bought at Trader Joe’s, just reduce the water by 1/2 cup
extra virgin olive oil
Marinara sauce (such as Newman’s Own Cabernet Marinara or homemade marinara sauce)
Shredded mozzarella (or a combination of shredded and sliced)
Uncured regular or turkey pepperoni slices
Here are some ingredients that I used for the artichoke/olive “pizza”:
Combine water, ravioli and olive oil in a large non-stick skillet.
Artichoke and Olive Ravioli Pizza
Pepperoni Pizza Skillet Ravioli Pizza
So good! What combo would you put together? This recipe is versatile and so delicious! Fun for kids to help make, too.
If you like to whip up your own sauce, you’ll love this homemade pizza sauce from scratch!
Skillet Ravioli Pizza
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 24oz package frozen small ravioli (preferably whole grain) *you can use refrigerated ravioli, like the artichoke version that I feature, just reduce the water by 1/2 cup
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 3/4 cups organic marinara sauce such as Newman’s Own Cabernet Marinara
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella or a combination of shredded and sliced
- 20 uncured regular or turkey pepperoni slices
- 1. Combine water, ravioli and olive oil in a large non-stick skillet.
- 2. Cover and bring to a boil on high heat. Remove lid after boiling begins and reduce to medium-high heat. Cook 5-6 minutes, stirring often to prevent pasta from sticking, or until most all of the liquid is absorbed. Stir marinara sauce into the ravioli and reduce heat to low.
- 3. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly until pasta is hot and tender. Spread ravioli evenly into a single layer. Sprinkle with cheese and arrange pepperoni slices on top. Cover and cook 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.