Sicilian skillet chicken is a quick and easy dinner recipe, full of authentic Italian flavors. Serve it alongside healthy Parmesan zucchini noodles for a dinner the family will love! *This post is sponsored by McCormick in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Simple and healthy meals are a necessity for us during the week. Some weeks I do great prepping food ahead of time and preparing for the week ahead and other weeks, well…not so much.
When I’m in a hurry and time is of the essence, it’s important that I can get a nutritious meal on the table without a lot of fuss. The new skillet sauces from McCormick are a great way to whip up a quick and tasty dinner in less than 20 minutes.
I’ve been a big fan of McCormick spices for quite some time, so I was thrilled to get the opportunity to create a few unique dishes with this new line of natural sauces. McCormick Skillet Sauces are made with all-natural herbs and spices and come in 7 different flavors:
- Smoky Applewood BBQ Chicken & Bacon,
- Taco with Chipotle & Garlic,
- Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry,
- Sweet & Smoky Sloppy Joes,
- Fire Roasted Garlic Chili,
- Fajita with Roasted Chili,
- Garlic & Lime
- Sicilian Chicken with Tomato, Basil & Garlic.
I love the flavors in this Sicilian skillet chicken dinner and I can’t think of a better side dish accompaniment than my favorite zucchini “noodles” with a buttery Parmesan coating.
This Sicilian skillet chicken is a BIG hit for us!
Thank you McCormick for making healthy meals a cinch!
Here are a few things you’ll need to make the Sicilian skillet chicken recipe:
A spiral slicer is the key to making perfect vegetable “noodles”, so if you don’t have one I highly recommend it. I’m a little obsessed with mine. Don’t miss my Zucchini Spaghetti, Skillet Zucchini and Sausage Parmesan and Zucchini Salad…so easy and good! Aren’t “zoodles” super fun?!!
- 1 package McCormick Sicilian Chicken with Tomato Basil & Garlic skillet sauce
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb thin-sliced boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 large green pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium onion sliced into thin strips
- 3 large zucchini
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse zucchini and slice off stem and a small 1" piece of the other end.
- If using a spiralizer, cut a small slit lengthwise in the zucchini (this shortens the strands so they aren't super long) and place into spiral slicer.
- Slice into "noodles" and place into a medium-size bowl.
- If you don't have a spiral slicer, you can use a vegetable peeler and cut into ribbons or a julienne slicer and slice into tiny strips.
- Set aside.
- Bring about 3 inches of water to a boil in a pot with a steamer basket.
- While water begins to boil, prepare the chicken.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, flipping once until each side is lightly golden.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add your vegetables to the pan and add 1-2 tbsp water or chicken broth to deglaze the pan, you want to scrape up all those tasty bits of flavor from browning the chicken.
- Cook vegetables until soft and water has evaporated, about 5 minutes or so.
- Add zucchini noodles to the steamer basket over the boiling water and cook 2-3 minutes (don't overcook or "noodles" will get too soft.)
- While zucchini noodles steam, add skillet sauce to the vegetables and stir to mix.
- Add chicken breasts back to pan and stir well to coat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes until sauce has slightly thicken and flavors have mingled.
- Drain zucchini really well and toss in melted butter.
- Place parmesan cheese into a food processor and chop until resembling coarse bread crumbs.
- Toss buttery noodles in parmesan cheese and spoon into a serving dish.
- Season with sea salt and pepper and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Serve alongside skillet chicken and enjoy.
In addition to my Sicilian skillet chicken recipe, here are more simple and delicious McCormick inspired dishes from my Sunday Supper friends!
- Black and White Bean Chicken Chili by The Dinner-Mom
- Black Bean Taco Salad with Chipotle and Garlic by Ruffles & Truffles
- Cashew Chicken by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cauliflower Skillet Steaks-Sicilian Style by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chicken Enchilada Skillet by The Messy Baker
- Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chicken Fried Rice with Sesame Seeds and Almonds by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Creamy Sicilian Style Chicken Mushrooms Ham by Family Foodie
- Fajita Quesadillas by The Foodie Army Wife
- Fire Roasted Garlic Chili with Cilantro Lime Rice by Hip Foodie Mom
- One-Pot Chipotle Chicken Taco Pasta by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Picadillo by kimchi MOM
- Potato Topped Sloppy Beef Skillet by Magnolia Days
- Savory Jade Chicken in Taro Basket by Brunch with Joy
- Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry over Cauliflower Rice by Casa de Crews
- Shrimp Taco’s with a Baja Cream Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sicilian Chicken and Mushrooms Spaghetti Squash Casserole by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Sicilian Skillet Chicken over Parmesan Zucchini Noodles, by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Skillet Sicilian Chickpeas Over Brown Rice by Shockingly Delicious
- Skillet Taco Nacho Bake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Smokey BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches With Creamy Coleslaw by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Smoky Skillet Chicken and Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sriracha Sesame Shrimp and Grits by I’m Not the Nanny
- Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes by The Weekend Gourmet
- Tres Carne Fire Roasted Garlic Chili over Egg Noodles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.