This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Sicilian skillet chicken is a quick and easy dinner recipe, full of authentic Italian flavors. Serve it alongside healthy Parmesan zucchini noodles for a dinner the family will love! *This post is sponsored by McCormick in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Simple and healthy meals are a necessity for us during the week. Some weeks I do great prepping food ahead of time and preparing for the week ahead and other weeks, well…not so much.
When I’m in a hurry and time is of the essence, it’s important that I can get a nutritious meal on the table without a lot of fuss. The new skillet sauces from McCormick are a great way to whip up a quick and tasty dinner in less than 20 minutes.
I’ve been a big fan of McCormick spices for quite some time, so I was thrilled to get the opportunity to create a few unique dishes with this new line of natural sauces. McCormick Skillet Sauces are made with all-natural herbs and spices and come in 7 different flavors:
- Smoky Applewood BBQ Chicken & Bacon,
- Taco with Chipotle & Garlic,
- Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry,
- Sweet & Smoky Sloppy Joes,
- Fire Roasted Garlic Chili,
- Fajita with Roasted Chili,
- Garlic & Lime
- Sicilian Chicken with Tomato, Basil & Garlic.
I love the flavors in this Sicilian skillet chicken dinner and I can’t think of a better side dish accompaniment than my favorite zucchini “noodles” with a buttery Parmesan coating.
This Sicilian skillet chicken is a BIG hit for us!
Thank you McCormick for making healthy meals a cinch!
Here are a few things you’ll need to make the Sicilian skillet chicken recipe:
A spiral slicer is a key to making perfect vegetable “noodles”, so if you don’t have one I highly recommend it. I’m a little obsessed with mine. Don’t miss my Zucchini Spaghetti, Skillet Zucchini and Sausage Parmesan and Zucchini Salad…so easy and good! Aren’t “zoodles” super fun?!!
Sicilian Skillet Chicken Over Parmesan Zucchini "Noodles"
- 1 package McCormick skillet sauce Sicilian Chicken with Tomato, Basil & Garlic
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts thinly sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 1 large green pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium onion sliced into thin strips
- 3 large zucchini
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 1 ½ cups parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse zucchini and slice off stem and a small 1" piece of the other end.
- If using a spiralizer, cut a small slit lengthwise in the zucchini (this shortens the strands so they aren't super long) and place into spiral slicer.
- Slice into "noodles" and place into a medium-size bowl.
- If you don't have a spiral slicer, you can use a vegetable peeler and cut into ribbons or a julienne slicer and slice into tiny strips.
- Set aside.
- Bring about 3 inches of water to a boil in a pot with a steamer basket.
- While water begins to boil, prepare the chicken.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, flipping once until each side is lightly golden.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add your vegetables to the pan and add 1-2 tbsp water or chicken broth to deglaze the pan, you want to scrape up all those tasty bits of flavor from browning the chicken.
- Cook vegetables until soft and water has evaporated, about 5 minutes or so.
- Add zucchini noodles to the steamer basket over the boiling water and cook 2 minutes (don't overcook or "noodles" will get too soft.)
- While zucchini noodles steam, add skillet sauce to the vegetables and stir to mix.
- Add chicken breasts back to pan and stir well to coat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes until sauce has slightly thicken and flavors have mingled.
- Drain zucchini really well and toss in melted butter.
- Place parmesan cheese into a food processor and chop until resembling coarse bread crumbs.
- Toss buttery noodles in parmesan cheese and spoon into a serving dish.
- Season with sea salt and pepper and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Serve alongside skillet chicken and enjoy.