Sicilian skillet chicken is a quick and easy dinner recipe, full of authentic Italian flavors. Serve it alongside healthy Parmesan zucchini noodles for a dinner the family will love! *This post is sponsored by McCormick in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Simple and healthy meals are a necessity for us during the week. Some weeks I do great prepping food ahead of time and preparing for the week ahead and other weeks, well…not so much.
When I’m in a hurry and time is of the essence, it’s important that I can get a nutritious meal on the table without a lot of fuss. The new skillet sauces from McCormick are a great way to whip up a quick and tasty dinner in less than 20 minutes.
I’ve been a big fan of McCormick spices for quite some time, so I was thrilled to get the opportunity to create a few unique dishes with this new line of natural sauces. McCormick Skillet Sauces are made with all-natural herbs and spices and come in 7 different flavors:
- Smoky Applewood BBQ Chicken & Bacon,
- Taco with Chipotle & Garlic,
- Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry,
- Sweet & Smoky Sloppy Joes,
- Fire Roasted Garlic Chili,
- Fajita with Roasted Chili,
- Garlic & Lime
- Sicilian Chicken with Tomato, Basil & Garlic.
I love the flavors in this Sicilian skillet chicken dinner and I can’t think of a better side dish accompaniment than my favorite zucchini “noodles” with a buttery Parmesan coating.
This Sicilian skillet chicken is a BIG hit for us!
Thank you McCormick for making healthy meals a cinch!
Here are a few things you’ll need to make the Sicilian skillet chicken recipe:
A spiral slicer is a key to making perfect vegetable “noodles”, so if you don’t have one I highly recommend it. I’m a little obsessed with mine. Don’t miss my Zucchini Spaghetti, Skillet Zucchini and Sausage Parmesan and Zucchini Salad…so easy and good! Aren’t “zoodles” super fun?!!
- 1 package McCormick Sicilian Chicken with Tomato Basil & Garlic skillet sauce
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb thin-sliced boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 large green pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium onion sliced into thin strips
- 3 large zucchini
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse zucchini and slice off stem and a small 1" piece of the other end.
- If using a spiralizer, cut a small slit lengthwise in the zucchini (this shortens the strands so they aren't super long) and place into spiral slicer.
- Slice into "noodles" and place into a medium-size bowl.
- If you don't have a spiral slicer, you can use a vegetable peeler and cut into ribbons or a julienne slicer and slice into tiny strips.
- Set aside.
- Bring about 3 inches of water to a boil in a pot with a steamer basket.
- While water begins to boil, prepare the chicken.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, flipping once until each side is lightly golden.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add your vegetables to the pan and add 1-2 tbsp water or chicken broth to deglaze the pan, you want to scrape up all those tasty bits of flavor from browning the chicken.
- Cook vegetables until soft and water has evaporated, about 5 minutes or so.
- Add zucchini noodles to the steamer basket over the boiling water and cook 2-3 minutes (don't overcook or "noodles" will get too soft.)
- While zucchini noodles steam, add skillet sauce to the vegetables and stir to mix.
- Add chicken breasts back to pan and stir well to coat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes until sauce has slightly thicken and flavors have mingled.
- Drain zucchini really well and toss in melted butter.
- Place parmesan cheese into a food processor and chop until resembling coarse bread crumbs.
- Toss buttery noodles in parmesan cheese and spoon into a serving dish.
- Season with sea salt and pepper and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Serve alongside skillet chicken and enjoy.