This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Roasted pumpkin seeds are so easy to make and those little seeds are packed with great nutrients! Don't toss them out, roast them for a tasty snack.
When you carve that pumpkin for Halloween, don't forget to save your seeds! Roasting pumpkin seeds is super easy, just toss with olive oil or butter (or a combo of both) and season generously with kosher salt or seasoned salt. They are incredibly tasty and really good for you. Those little seeds are full of great nutrition and make a filling, high fiber, snack.
Grab a couple of sugar pie pumpkins for a batch of easy homemade pumpkin puree for your favorite fall recipes. You'll also have the seeds left for roasting.
Recipe for Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Ingredients you'll need:
2 tbsp melted butter or extra virgin olive oil
kosher salt for seasoning
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Rinse seeds in a colander and allow to dry.
Toss seeds with butter (or olive oil), sprinkle (generously) with sea salt and roast for 45-50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
That's it! Enjoy! If you love pumpkin recipes, a few of my fall favorites are Pumpkin Dip (perfect for parties), Moist Pumpkin Chocolate Cake (a healthier cake recipe that's SO delicious!!), Pumpkin Spice Baked Oatmeal (a great make-ahead breakfast recipe), Lightened-Up Pumpkin Spice Bread (always a hit), Grain-Free Pumpkin Date Muffins, Pumpkin Custard, Avocado Pumpkin Muffins (sounds weird but the avocado is great here and adds healthy fat), and my all-time favorite Moist Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting. These fall cupcakes are to-die-for!
Easy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 3 cups fresh pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- Rinse seeds in a colander and allow to dry. Toss seeds with butter, sprinkle (generously) with sea salt and
- Toss dry seeds with butter, sprinkle (generously) with sea salt and spread onto a baking sheet.
- Roast for 45-50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Herb-Roasted Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans - February 8, 2021
- 50 Easy Breakfast Meal Prep Recipes - February 3, 2021
- Healthy Mixed Berry Smoothie - February 1, 2021