This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
An easy recipe for roasted sweet potato fries using minimal ingredients and perfect for a healthy post-workout side dish.
Sweet potato fries are one of my favorite side dish recipes. I’ll take a sweet potato fry over a regular fry any day. I’m a big fan of easy side dishes with simple ingredients. That’s why potatoes, of all varieties, are a regular staple in our house. They’re nutritious and incredibly versatile.
Have you tried slow cooker mashed potatoes yet?! They are a life-saver for holiday meals when you already have a million other things to cook. I only wish that I had tried this method sooner.
Roasting sweet potatoes (and really any vegetable for that matter) brings out the natural sweetness. When you contrast the wonderful caramelized sweetness with salt, herbs and spices, it’s like pure magic for the taste buds.
I love the chili powder here, it gives these fries a nice, mildly spicy, kick. If you’re a Sriracha lover, you can substitute a dry Sriracha seasoning instead of the chili powder for a different flavor boost. If you want to really kick it up a notch, add a pinch or two of cayenne in with the chili powder.
How To Make Easy Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
Ingredients that you’ll need:
4 large sweet potatoes, peeled
avocado oil (can also use olive oil)
Tips For Prepping Sweet Potato Fries
After peeling the potatoes, cover them with ice cold water so they don’t discolor.
Then, cut up the sweet potatoes in thick strips, making sure to slice them an even thickness. Place the sliced sweet potatoes in another large bowl with cold water.
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Spray a shallow roasting pan with olive oil spray (I don’t recommend an airbake pan, it won’t allow them to crisp properly) and spread sweet potatoes evenly on the roasting pan, making sure that they have plenty of room. You can use two pans if needed so they each have plenty of space to cook. You can also cook them on a cooling rack placed on top of the baking sheet for a crispier texture.
Bake for 30-40 min until golden and slightly browned. Stir a couple of times during cooking to cook evenly. Sprinkle with coarse salt as soon as they emerge from the oven. Pre-salting the fries makes them less crispy.
The thinner the wedges the crispier your fries will turn out. Sweet potato deliciousness.
These Roasted Sweet Potato Fries are great with grilled chicken and burgers!
More Sweet Potato Goodness:
Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
- 4 large sweet potatoes peeled
- 3 tbsp avocado oil Can also use olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sea salt Or more or less to taste
- Cut the sweet potatoes into thick strips.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Spray a shallow roasting pan with olive oil spray.
- Combine sweet potato slices with chili powder in a large Ziploc bag; shake to coat.
- Add oil to Ziploc bag and shake again to coat.
- Spread out on a roasting pan
- Bake for 30-40 min until golden and slightly browned, stirring a couple of times during cooking to cook evenly.
Latest posts by Amee Livingston (see all)
- The Best Baked Brie with Apricot Jam & Almonds - December 3, 2019
- Amazing Green Bean Casserole From Scratch - November 24, 2019
- Applewood Bacon-Wrapped Venison Loin with Raspberry Sauce - November 15, 2019