This Refreshing Grape Mint Tomato Salad came from my friend and fellow blogger, Ally Phillips. I can’t wait to share her gorgeous new cookbook with you! Honestly, I was blown away when I laid eyes on this book.
It’s just as much a piece of coffee table art as it is a wonderful collection of recipes and stories. The color, the diversity of flavors and cultural influence and stories from the heart of this talented foodie make this a must have treasure for your cookbook collection.
Ally’s cookbook is titled “Ally’s Kitchen-A Passport For Adventurous Palates” and it couldn’t be more suitably named. She takes you around the world in a culinary adventure from Africa to Europe, the middle east and more. You’ll be on a “magic carpet ride” of tastes and textures with recipes that are complex in flavor, but simple to prepare.
Ally makes exotic eating unpretentious and achievable for the everyday home cook. I cannot wait to eat my way through this book. You can view a video about the book here. The first recipe that I wanted to try was the Refreshing Grape Mint Tomato Salad.
Could it sound any more summery and flavorful?!! This is right up my clean-eating alley, so I prepared it to accompany our meal. It’s a tasty, light salad that’s perfect for picnics and hot, summer days.
I love snipping fresh herbs from my garden this time of year. Having accessible herbs will come in handy with all of Ally’s incredible spice concoctions. It’s a big money-saver to grow your own herbs for your recipes and you just can’t beat the convenience of harvesting them yourself.
The fresh mint makes this dish sing!
Refreshing Grape Mint Tomato Salad from Ally's Kitchen #CookbookReview
- 1 1/2 cups diced Roma or Campari tomatoes (I used an heirloom cherry assortment)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups red and/or green grapes, sliced in half
- 1 heaping Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the tomato, onion, grapes, mint, lemon zest, lemon juice and olive oil. Toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate at least one hour before serving to combine every luscious, refreshing flavor.
You can enter for your chance to win your own copy of Ally’s Kitchen-A Passport For Adventurous Palates below! Entry is simple, just follow the instructions in the widget. Good luck!!
I was provided a cookbook for review. All opinions are my own.