This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Pumpkin ice cream is a homemade frozen treat recipe bringing the best of fall’s flavors into a creamy, cool summer dessert.
If you’re craving fall flavors before the cooler weather arrives, this easy pumpkin ice cream recipe is the perfect frozen dessert. You can crush the ginger snaps and blend in with the ice cream before churning or add as a garnish when serving.
For an extra-special dessert, try a scoop of pumpkin ice cream on top of a slice of apple pie!
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup unrefined cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses can use organic amber agave nectar
- 1-3/4 cups pumpkin purée solid pack pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 2-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Garnish: ginger snaps
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a hand mixer on low speed to combine the milk, brown sugar, and molasses until the sugar is dissolved, about 1 to 2 minutes
- Stir in the pumpkin purée, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg
- Add heavy cream and vanilla
- Turn the machine on; pour the mixture into freezer bowl, and let mix until thickened, about 20 to 25 minutes
- The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture
- If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours
- Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving