This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
It’s important to get enough protein in your diet. Protein is satiating and helps to maintain and build muscle mass. It raises your metabolic rate and feeds muscle for growth. So eat up, y’all, it does a body good! This Peanut Butter & Banana Protein Smoothie is a great way to get a protein boost to start your day.
I shoot for 20-30g per meal of good quality protein. One of my favorite ways to get more protein in my day is to make protein shakes and smoothies. They are tasty, quick to prepare and filling.
Protein shakes, like this PB & Banana Smoothie, are great for post-workout recovery. This shake has 30 grams of muscle-building protein! I used Silk ® Unsweetened Organic Soy Milk (with 8g plant-based protein from non-GMO soybeans per serving) in this smoothie, along with unflavored protein powder and powder peanut butter, so you get the protein and peanut butter taste with less fat.
- 8 oz unsweetened organic Silk soymilk
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 scoop unflavored protein powder
- 2 tbsp powdered peanut butter such as PB Fit
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp ground golden flaxseed
- Add all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
If you whip up this Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie, let me know what you think!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.
Latest posts by Amee Livingston (see all)
- The Best Baked Brie with Apricot Jam & Almonds - December 3, 2019
- Amazing Green Bean Casserole From Scratch - November 24, 2019
- Applewood Bacon-Wrapped Venison Loin with Raspberry Sauce - November 15, 2019