I am really pleased with my latest creation. I wanted to make a cookie that satisfied our sweet tooth without refined sugar, wheat or dairy products. These PB Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies turned out amazing! Everyone loved them.
You can easily substitute almond butter for the regular peanut butter, for those with peanut allergies. I even think that crunchy nut butter would be great, too. The flavor sort of reminds me of a no-bake cookie (one of my childhood favorites), except these are MUCH healthier! I like them best after they have cooled and set.
Warning: This batter is so delicious that they may not make it to the oven….
PB Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup natural peanut butter such as Earth Balance
- 3/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 whole egg plus 1 egg white
- 1 tsp good quality vanilla
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1 cup oats can use regular or quick oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Mix first four ingredients in a mixing bowl until smooth and well blended.
- Combine the oats, oat flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl with a whisk.
- Mix the contents of both bowls together and stir in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate batter for 30 minutes to an hour to firm up.
- Using a small cookie scoop (about a tbsp in size), place on parchment lined cookie sheets and bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until cookies are set and lightly golden.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
- After they are set, they are a soft and very moist cookie.