Mascarpone stuffed strawberries with hazelnuts & chocolate are a delicious and easy dessert that makes a gorgeous presentation. They’re perfect for Valentine’s Day, brunches, baby and wedding showers, or any time you want something indulgent and sweet, without a lot of sugar or calories.
Chocolate covered strawberries are a classic party dessert. They also happen to be a personal favorite healthier treat. Strawberries are full of good nutrients and who doesn’t love chocolate?!!
I originally developed this recipe for Popsugar Food for their Perfect Party Desserts category. I wanted to create a twist on chocolate dipped berries that delivered more flavor and texture. What I ended up with was a decadent dessert that resembled a heavenly cheesecake drizzled in rich chocolate and hazelnuts. These Mascarpone Stuffed Strawberries are bite-sized heaven, ya’ll.
To Start Your Mascarpone Stuffed Strawberries:
Use a small serrated spoon or knife and core all of the berries.
Make the mascarpone cream mixture according to the recipe. The cream should stick to the back of a spoon when done. Place cream into a large ziploc bag (or pastry bag) and cut a small opening in the corner with a pair of scissors. Pipe cream mixture into the center of each strawberry and set aside (I like to use a star tip on my pastry bag for this, but it’s not required).
Now it’s time to melt the chocolate. You can do this two ways: in the microwave or in a double boiler. If using the microwave, place into a microwave safe glass/pyrex dish and cook on high in 30-second increments, stopping to stir each time until chocolate is smooth and completely melted (about one minute). If using a double boiler, place chocolate chips in the top of the double boiler and cook on medium-high until chocolate is smooth and completely melted. Set aside to cool for a few minutes. Sprinkle hazelnuts on top of stuffed berries and drizzle chocolate on top with a small spoon. Refrigerate berries until ready to serve. Makes about 24 bite-sized treats.
Mascarpone Stuffed Strawberries with Hazelnuts & Chocolate
- 2 pints fresh strawberries rinsed and patted dry
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup good quality dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Core strawberries with a small serrated spoon or knife and set aside. Combine mascarpone cheese, whipping cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix on high with a whisk attachment until cream starts to thicken and stick to the sides of the bowl. The cream should stick to the back of a spoon when done. Place cream into a large ziploc bag (or pastry bag) and cut a small opening in the corner with a pair of scissors. Pipe cream mixture into the center of each strawberry and set aside (I like to use a star tip on my pastry bag for this, but it's not required). Now it's time to melt the chocolate.
More delicious recipes with fresh strawberries: