This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A simple recipe for microwave blueberry flax oatmeal made with blueberry juice, ground golden flaxseed, and frozen wild blueberries.
For this month's Recipe Redux theme, we are sharing a recipe that was inspired by another blogger's creation. I chose this Microwave Blueberry Flax Oatmeal recipe, inspired by Anne Mauney's Microwave Tart Cherry Oatmeal. Anne Mauney RD is the brains and beauty behind fannetasticfood, where she shares her recipes and healthy living inspiration. If you've never been to her site, then you must check it out ASAP! So much healthy deliciousness to browse!
How To Add A Flavor Boost To Oatmeal
I love my morning oats and I was intrigued by using a healthy fruit juice as a cooking base, instead of water. I've used milk and frequently stir protein powder into my oats, but I really wanted to try it with the juice.
Tart cherry juice would be amazing and it's great for fighting inflammation and can actually help with muscle recovery. I just didn't have any in my pantry. However, I did have a bottle of pure blueberry juice (I used the real stuff with no added sugar).
I used half almond milk and half blueberry juice to make my oats and topped it with thawed frozen wild blueberries. It was easy, satisfying, and really tasty. This was a fun twist on my usual oat routine. This recipe would also be great made as overnight oats, just stir together and refrigerate until morning. I don't know about you, but I LOVE oats cold.
Anne was one of the many generous bloggers that contributed to my site while I was recovering from cancer surgery. In case you missed it, she showed us How To Build A Satisfying Breakfast with some of her nutritious, filling recipes.
Microwave Blueberry Flax Oatmeal
- ½ cup whole oats
- ½ cup pure blueberry juice such as R.W. Knudsen brand
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp ground golden flaxseed
- 1 tsp real maple syrup or maple sugar
- ½ cup frozen wild blueberries thawed
- Stir all ingredients, except blueberries, in a bowl
- Microwave for 2 minutes, top with berries and serve.
- Tex-Mex Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Chicken - March 2, 2021
- Herb-Roasted Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans - February 8, 2021
- 50 Easy Breakfast Meal Prep Recipes - February 3, 2021