This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This salad is a powerhouse blend of nutritious ingredients. I love the wonderful flavors and colors, too. The slight bitterness of the radicchio with the sweetness of the dried cranberries is a winning combination. Enjoy~
Marinated Bean and Beet Salad with Quinoa and Golden Tomatoes
Marinated Bean and Beet Salad with Quinoa and Golden TomatoesPrint Pin Rate
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa I love to cook it in chicken or vegetable broth when adding to salads. One part quinoa to two parts water/broth bring to a boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes until liquid is absorbed
- 1 head of radicchio chopped finely
- 3 cups fresh green beans steamed to a slight crisp texture
- 8 oz cooked beets chopped (I use the Melissa's beets already steamed and peeled *see below)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- golden cherry tomatoes about 2 cups
- 1/2 cup good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Mix dressing ingredients with a whisk in a small bowl and set aside.
- Steam your fresh green beans until they are soft with a slight crisp (about 5-7 minutes).
- Set aside to cool.
- Add all ingredients in a large bowl and toss with dressing.
- Serve room temperature or chilled.
- Store in the refrigerator.
If you don’t want the hassle of cooking your fresh beets, I buy them already cooked in this great vacuum sealed packaging from Melissa’s. Convenience is worth its weight in gold to me lately with our hectic schedule!