This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Maple-mustard glazed chicken is an easy dinner recipe! Tender chicken breasts with a sweet and sassy flavor.
*The cookbook that features this recipe was provided to me free of charge in exchange for my review. All opinions are my own and not influenced in any way.
This simple dinner recipe has a delicious combination of flavors. It comes from Cooking Light’s Dinnertime Survival Guide by Sally Kuzemchak. Sally Kuzemchak is a registered dietitian, busy mom and the brilliant creator of Real Mom Nutrition. She shares her favorite tips and tricks to get healthy, simple meals on the table fast!
When you are busy shuttling your kids to extra-curricular activities, who has a lot of time to cook??! Sally gives you time-saving methods to feed your busy family. I love her easy-to-follow recipes and meal plans that allow you to spend less time in the kitchen and more quality time with your kids.
When I browsed through this cookbook, the maple-mustard glazed chicken recipe caught my eye.
The photo was absolutely mouthwatering, so I knew exactly what we were having for dinner. 🙂
If you like to serve chicken for dinner, be sure to also check out my recipe for Marinated Chicken Skewers with Spicy Tzatziki Sauce.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 6oz skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (I used 6 smaller organic breasts)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup fat-free lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup maple syrup use the real stuff!
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 medium garlic cloves thinly sliced (I used 3 cloves…love garlic!)
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp stone-ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a large, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt.
- Add chicken to pan; sauté 2 minutes on each side until browned.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Add broth, syrup, thyme and garlic to pan; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add vinegar and mustard; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Return chicken to pan, and spoon mustard mixture over chicken.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken from pan; let stand 5 minutes.
- Place pan over medium heat; cook mustard mixture 2 minutes or until liquid is syrupy.
Latest posts by Amee Livingston (see all)
- The Best Baked Brie with Apricot Jam & Almonds - December 3, 2019
- Amazing Green Bean Casserole From Scratch - November 24, 2019
- Applewood Bacon-Wrapped Venison Loin with Raspberry Sauce - November 15, 2019