This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
I have been intrigued by the idea of a Kale chip, so I decided to give them a try. I love Kale in my smoothies. It’s such a healthy green vegetable! Noshing on them as a chip alternative sounded great. I found a recipe on allrecipes.com that sounded really good, submitted by Lucy DelRey. Well, Lucy, great recipe! I really liked them, especially with the seasoned salt flavor. The seasoned salt ingredient set this recipe apart from some of the other recipes that I found. I used a popcorn seasoning with a paprika base, so the flavor is similar to Lawry’s Season Salt, only better. Enjoy~
How To Make Baked Kale Chips
1 bunch kale
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp seasoned salt
*I used Backyard Safari’s popcorn seasoning. It’s delicious on so many things!
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a non-insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper. With a knife or kitchen shears, carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Drizzle kale with olive oil (my Misto spritzer worked great here).
Sprinkle with seasoning salt.
Bake until edges are brown but not burnt, 10-15 minutes.
Baked Kale Chips
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp seasoned salt I use popcorn salt - use your favorite seasoning blend!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a non-insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- With a knife or kitchen shears, carefully remove the kale leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
- Place pan in the oven and bake until edges of kale are brown but not burnt, 10-15 minutes.
Latest posts by Amee Livingston (see all)
- The Best Baked Brie with Apricot Jam & Almonds - December 3, 2019
- Amazing Green Bean Casserole From Scratch - November 24, 2019
- Applewood Bacon-Wrapped Venison Loin with Raspberry Sauce - November 15, 2019