This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Honeydew melons, fresh cucumbers, red onion, and feta cheese combine to create this delicious and refreshing summer salad recipe for honeydew and cucumber salad!
Hi all, I’m so honored to be filling in for Amee today. There are a lot of things I love about being a food blogger; it requires me to bust out of my recipe comfort zone and get a little creative with my cooking, it allows me to embrace some of my kitchen successes and my failures, and it lets me take full advantage of taste testing opportunities. But, most importantly, the world of food blogging has also connected me with wonderful, talented, and creative individuals whom I draw so much inspiration from, like Amee.
This Honeydew and Cucumber Salad recipe gives us a little something to look forward to as the warmer weather starts to unfold. It’s also very green, which is nicely timed for St. Patrick’s Day!
Honeydew-Cucumber Salad Recipe
Featured recipe by McKenzie Hall Jones, RDN
Only six ingredients, this salad lends the taste of summer and sunshine during spring. Thankfully, most of us can find honeydew melon in our supermarkets almost year-round, but if you’d rather wait until honeydew are their sweetest, keep this recipe on hand as one to enjoy during the summer months. It’s a bit un-traditional, yet light, flavorful and fun.
Honeydew and Cucumber Salad
- ¼ honeydew melon seeded, skin removed, sliced thin
- 1 cucumber peeled
- a few slices of red onion
- 2-3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- sprinkling of fresh dill
- Lay melon slices on their side and use a vegetable peeler to make thin strips.
- In the same way, make thin strips with the cucumber, working around the seeds in the middle.
- Heap strips of melon and cucumber on a platter and top with onion, feta, honey, and dill.
McKenzie is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, communications consultant, blogger, and freelance writer based in Los Angeles. She writes, speaks, and presents on the topics of nutrition, real foods cooking, and body image. In addition to following her own non-diet advice, McKenzie loves discovering new hiking trails, sampling the local food at her favorite farmer’s markets, and baking in her sunny Californian kitchen. You can find McKenzie blogging at www.nourishRDs.com, and tweeting @NourishRDs and @McKenzieHallRD, Pinning, Instagramming, and Facebooking too!
More delicious ways to use cucumbers:
Latest posts by Amee Livingston (see all)
- The Best Baked Brie with Apricot Jam & Almonds - December 3, 2019
- Amazing Green Bean Casserole From Scratch - November 24, 2019
- Applewood Bacon-Wrapped Venison Loin with Raspberry Sauce - November 15, 2019