Grown up PB &J is a clean eating peanut butter and jelly sandwich recipe. Although kids they may love these, this is not your kid’s PB &J sandwich!
When I made the Grain-Free Pumpkin Pancakes last week, it gave me a great idea for a PB &J makeover. The dense cake-like texture of the pancakes would lend themselves well to a sandwich or whoopie pie. Grown up PB & J sandwiches are a great healthy alternative to the iconic kid favorite for those avoiding or limiting grains or gluten. Click here for the pancake recipe which can be altered using different nut butters and substituting banana or applesauce for the pumpkin puree.
I love to make grown up PB &J sandwiches using peanut butter and a combination of mashed banana and applesauce. They turn out delicious!
How to Make a Grown Up PB &J
Grown Up PB &J Sandwich
- 2 pancakes from the Grain-Free Pumpkin Pancake recipe
- fresh sliced fruit strawberries, bananas, blackberries, raspberries, etc.
- drizzle of real maple syrup or 1 packet NuNaturals Stevia
- Slice fruit and place between two pancakes.
- Drizzle fruit with a little maple syrup or sprinkle with stevia and enjoy!
Another healthier (and fun!) PB &J idea are these peanut butter and jelly sandwich cookies. They’re lower in sugar and the recipe has a low carb option, too.