This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A tasty kale smoothie recipe packed with muscle-building protein, flaxseed, kale, and banana for a filling and satisfying breakfast or snack.
I love a good kale smoothie! I've grown organic kale in my garden since last fall. I really enjoy clipping it fresh every day for my drinks and recipes. It's so incredibly good for you to eat those leafy greens. I don't really follow recipes for my kale shakes. I switch up different fruits and vegetables and even change my protein powders from time to time.
How To Boost Fiber In Smoothies
I add oats or oat bran to pump up the fiber and fill me up until dinner. I throw it all into my Vitamix for a quick and healthy lunch. Here is my base recipe, but feel free to get creative and add in your favorite ingredients.
Green Goddess Kale Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana I peel and freeze bananas wrapped in plastic wrap and sealed into a freezer bag, so they are ready for my shakes
- 28 grams whey protein powder plain or vanilla-I like plain so the fruit can do the flavoring
- 1 cup organic kale leaves stems removed
- 1 tbsp ground golden flaxseed
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk I love the almond coconut blend
- 1-2 packets stevia
- 1 tbsp whole oats or oat bran
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Put all ingredients into a Vitamix or high speed blender and blend on high speed until smooth.
- For a thicker smoothie, add more ice cubes.
- Herb-Roasted Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans - February 8, 2021
- 50 Easy Breakfast Meal Prep Recipes - February 3, 2021
- Healthy Mixed Berry Smoothie - February 1, 2021