I love a good kale smoothie! I’ve grown organic kale in my garden since last fall. I really enjoy clipping it fresh everyday for my drinks and recipes. It’s so incredibly good for you!! I don’t really follow recipes for my kale shakes. I switch up different fruits and vegetables and even change my protein powders from time to time.
I add oats or oat bran to pump up the fiber and fill me up until dinner. I throw it all into my vitamix for a quick and healthy lunch. Here is my base recipe, but feel free to get creative and add in your favorite ingredients.
Green Goddess Kale Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana I peel and freeze bananas wrapped in plastic wrap and sealed into a freezer bag, so they are ready for my shakes
- 1 scoop protein powder plain or vanilla-I like plain so the fruit can do the flavoring
- 1 cup organic kale leaves stems removed
- 1 tbsp ground golden flaxseed
- 1 1/2 cups Blue Diamond Almond Coconut Milk blend the 45 calorie one
- 2 packets stevia
- 1 tbsp whole oats or oat bran
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Put all ingredients into a Vitamix or high speed blender and blend on high speed until smooth.
- For a thicker smoothie, add more ice cubes.