Gluten-free salted caramel brownies are the perfect gluten-free dessert recipe for brownie lovers! These thick and chewy gluten-free brownies will even fool your gluten-loving friends. They are the perfect blend of sweet and salty, and who doesn’t love rich, dark chocolate?!!!
I want to share a new cookbook, Gluten-Free Baking, from Cooking Light that will simplify your gluten-free life! This gorgeous cookbook, created by Chef Robert Landolphi, is full of delicious treats and helpful tips to ensure gluten-free baking success. I love this book because Chef Landolphi’s recipes are healthier options, utilizing whole grains, less saturated fat and fewer calories than the traditional calorie-dense favorites.
The tempting recipes that you will find in this gluten-free recipes book include; muffins, cakes, pies, cobblers, cookies, pizza and so much more.
I’m sharing Chef Landolphi’s gluten-free salted caramel brownies recipe.
*This cookbook was provided for my review. All opinions are my own and not influenced in any way.
Gluten-Free Salted Caramel Brownies
- Caramel Sauce:
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp light-colored corn syrup
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Brownie Batter:
- 2.1 ounces sweet white sorghum flour about 1/2 cup
- 1.3 ounces white rice flour about 1/4 cup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tbsp potato starch
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tbsp 1%low-fat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- cooking spray
- To prepare caramel sauce, combine 3/4 cup granulated sugar, corn syrup, and 2 tablespoons water in a small saucepan
- Cook over medium-high heat 7-8 minutes or until mixture is amber colored, stirring frequently
- Remove from heat; add half-and-half, stirring with a whisk until blended (mixture will bubble)
- Stir in salt.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To prepare brownie batter, weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, cocoa, and next 4 ingredients (through 1/2 tsp. sea salt) in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Combine butter and bittersweet chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl
- Microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until melted, stirring every 30 seconds
- Add 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, milk, vanilla, and eggs, stirring until well blended Gradually add flour mixture, stirring until moist
- Spend half of batter into an 8-inch square metal baking pan coated with cooking spray
- Pour caramel sauce over batter in pan
- Drop remaining batter by tablespoonfuls onto caramel sauce; swirl gently with tip of a knife
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until brownies are set
- Cool completely on a wire rack.