This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
These homemade Coconut Dark Chocolates are a healthier sweet treat, made with cacao, coconut, agave nectar, vanilla, and nuts. Be good to your Valentine this year with an indulgent (not-so-guilty) Paleo-friendly treat they’ll love. A no-bake recipe, too!
These homemade coconut dark chocolates are a Paleo-friendly dessert, made without refined sugar. The Paleo diet avoids sugar in all forms, except what is naturally occurring in fresh fruit, so these chocolates are the perfect bite-sized treat to bust a sugar craving. However, since I modify Paleo to work with my food obsessions (I’m definitely not hardcore Paleo), an occasional treat, such as this one, keeps me sane and from diving into a double chocolate bundt cake.
Enjoy the recipe, and spread the love this Valentine’s Day, or any time of year for that matter, by sharing a box full of coconut dark chocolates. After all, nothing says love quite like chocolate.
How To Make Paleo-Friendly Coconut Dark Chocolates
¾ cup organic cacao
½ cup organic coconut oil, melted and cooled
½ cup organic agave nectar (adjust the sweetness to your taste buds)
½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp sea salt
½ cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
*Can also add ¼ cup chopped nuts of your choice
In a large bowl, stir together cacao and coconut oil until smooth. Stir in agave nectar, sea salt, and vanilla and mix well. Stir in coconut and add a bit more agave, if needed for desired sweetness. The mixture should be thick. Drop by the teaspoon onto wax paper or pour into molds and refrigerate until firm.
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Enjoy.
Want more ideas for healthier sweet treats? Try these!
Coconut Dark Chocolates
- ¾ cup organic cacao
- ½ cup organic coconut oil melted and cooled
- ½ cup organic agave nectar adjust the sweetness to your taste buds
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- *can also add ¼ cup chopped nuts of your choice
- In a large bowl, stir together cacao and coconut oil until smooth. Stir in agave nectar, sea salt and vanilla and mix well. Stir in coconut and add a bit more agave, if needed for desired sweetness. Mixture should be thick.
- Drop by the the teaspoon onto wax paper or pour into molds and refrigerate until firm.