This mango salad is a bright and beautiful side dish that can also be served with corn chips as a salsa! Lovely with grilled chicken or fish, it’s sure to add color and interest to your dinner table or salad buffet.
This black bean and mango salad recipe is the creation of Melissa, from ChinDeep.com! Her site is a place to read about how to add simple pleasures to your life every day, and you will find great inspiration here!
“Writing these books was an adventure. I learned so much from this experience and had a lot of fun along the way. I am currently writing a book all about my experience working in the tea business as well as editing my first novel. I am a professional photographer as well, and I just love cooking and photographing food! Writing this blog is a fun way to connect with other foodies who share my passion, and it’s a great creative outlet!”
Black Bean and Mango Salad
A bright, bold salad with fresh mango and fiber-packed black beans. Great as a salsa, too!
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 ripe tomato, seeded and chopped into small pieces
- 3 green onions, chopped (including the green tops)
- 1/2 yellow or green bell pepper, chopped fine
- a handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped fine
- a few dashes of Tabasco or Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of one lime or 1/2 large lemon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all in a glass bowl. Cover. Chill until ready to serve.