*This post is part of my role as a member of the Beef Expert Bureau. I have been compensated for sharing certain beef-related content, but my opinions are always my own and not influenced in any way.
I’m so excited to share a new meal prep cookbook with you today from my friend, Toby Amidor MS, RD, CDN! Y’all know how much I love and encourage meal prep for healthy eating success and this book is filled with easy and flavorful recipes to keep you on track.
One of my favorites from this book is her Beef Stir Fry with Asian Peanut Sauce. This tasty beef stir fry recipe uses lean top sirloin and a generous amount of fresh vegetables and nutrient-rich quinoa for a healthy, well-balanced meal.
*photo credit Nat & Cody Gantz
I love the introduction to meal prep in her “Meal Prep 101” chapter. Toby gives you great money and time-saving tips to make meal prep easy and affordable for every home cook.
There are also helpful clean-eating guidelines that focus on the best foods for getting the biggest bang for your buck. You will be armed with the best information to confidently shop for healthier foods. No more wandering around the store dazed and confused on the best foods to buy!
Another awesome feature in this cookbook is the recommended supplies to make your food prep a breeze. Toby covers everything from kitchen tools to appliances and containers for storage. Toby prioritizes food safety, so she even lists how long various foods will keep in the fridge and the freezer. I found this section to be particularly helpful for me.
You also get meal plans specifically for weight loss or muscle building, complete with shopping lists and full nutrition information. This is especially useful for those of you that like to keep a food journal to keep track of your daily food intake.
If you are interested in making meal prep a priority (and you should!), you’re going to love this information-packed resource! Now on to her delicious recipe!
Beef Stir Fry with Asian Peanut Sauce
*photo credit Nat & Cody Gantz
This tasty beef stir fry recipe uses lean top sirloin and a generous amount of fresh vegetables and nutrient-rich quinoa for a healthy, well-balanced meal.
- 1 pound top sirloin cut into 11⁄2-inch strips
- 6 tablespoons Asian Peanut Sauce see below, divided
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon canola or
- safflower oil
- 1 ⁄2 head broccoli cut into
- bite-size florets
- 1 red bell pepper cut into
- 1- inch-wide strips 1 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp shallots chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp water more if needed
- In a blender or food processor, add the coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, shallots, garlic and brown sugar. Blend until smooth.
- Add the water to achieve your desired thickness.
- In a large bowl, add the beef strips and 4 tablespoons of the Asian Peanut Sauce and toss to coat the meat.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- In a medium pot over high heat, bring the water to a boil.
- Stir in the quinoa and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cover and simmer the quinoa, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is absorbed and the grains are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the quinoa to a large bowl and let cool lightly.
- In a large wok or skillet over medium heat, heat the oil until it shimmers.
- Add the beef and cook until it is browned on all sides, about 8 minutes.
- Discard the leftover beef marinade.
- Add the broccoli, bell pepper, and snow peas, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables have started to soften, about 8 minutes.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of Asian Peanut Sauce to the stir-fry and cook, stirring frequently, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
REFRIGERATE: Store the cooled stir-fry and quinoa together or separately in resealable containers for up to 1 week. Reheat in the microwave for 11⁄2 to 2 minutes.
Don’t forget to grab your copy of The Healthy Meal Prep Cookbook on Amazon below! Disclosure: affiliate link
copyright Toby Amidor, The Healthy Meal Prep Cookbook: Easy and Wholesome Meals to Cook, Pre, Grab, and Go, Rockridge Press, 2017