Banana Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal Singles are individual servings of baked oatmeal. These baked oatmeal muffins are packed with bananas and chocolate chips. They’re a great make-ahead breakfast recipe, for a super quick, grab ‘n go breakfast!
Hello all! My name is Emily and I’m guest posting on behalf of my blog, Emily Bites. Much like Amee’s site, my blog features lightened up recipes that never compromise on flavor. My goal is for you to be able to incorporate all your favorite dishes into your healthy lifestyle and to remain excited about the foods you eat while you lose or maintain your weight. I also include Weight Watchers Points Plus values and nutrition information for each of my recipes.
If you’ve never had baked oatmeal before, you’re in for a treat! It’s hearty and filling, and the possibilities for flavor combinations are endless. One of the things I’m known for on my blog is using muffin tins to make portion-controlled versions of my favorite meals, and I decided baked oatmeal should be no exception! These muffin-sized baked oatmeal singles pack a ton of tasty banana and chocolate flavor into every bite and they’re remarkably filling. Plus, they’re easy to eat on-the-go.
If you wake up wishing that you could eat chocolate as part of a healthy breakfast, then this recipe for banana chocolate chip baked oatmeal singles is for you!
Banana Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal Singles
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cups skim milk
- ¾ c mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly mist 18 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- 2. Combine the oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- 3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg whites, egg, mashed banana, milk and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until blended together. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- 4. Spoon the oatmeal mixture evenly between the prepared muffin cups. Bake uncovered for 18-22 minutes or until oatmeal is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Yields 18 oatmeal singles. Weight Watchers Points Plus: 3 per single (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Nutrition Information per single from myfitnesspal.com: 127 calories, 22g carbs, 4 g fat, 3 g protein, 2 g fiber