Today’s guest post is from my friend, Ann, over at Fountain Avenue Kitchen. She is a very talented recipe creator and healthy living foodie. Ann first discovered her love of the culinary arts in her grandmother’s kitchen as a young girl. She was inspired by her grandmother’s abiltity to turn ordinary ingredients into wholesome, delicious and affordable meals. Ann writes a for Fig Magazine each Monday.
Apricot Ginger Shrimp Kabobs Recipe
Apricot Ginger Shrimp Kabobs
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt non-fat or 2% both work well
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves can substitute peach jam
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 rounded tablespoon fresh ginger minced (I have used a teaspoon of dried ginger before)
- a few dashes hot sauce I use 4-5 shakes of Tabasco; add to your taste
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined with the tail left on (thawed if frozen)
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except for the shrimp.
- Place shrimp in a large zipper-top bag. Add the marinade and fully distribute.
- Place in the refrigerator and allow the shrimp to marinade for several hours. I like to let it marinade all afternoon if possible, but have done it for as short as an hour. The longer it sits, the more the flavor will develop.
- When ready to grill, thread the shrimp on the skewers. I like to put the skewer through the top and bottom of each shrimp to anchor them better. You may also thread each shrimp on two separate skewers to prevent spinning.
- Grill over medium heat for about three minutes per side or until shrimp is just pink.