These almond butter chocolate chip cookies are freaking amazing!! This “Paleo” dessert is one of the best I’ve tasted. Our friends brought these Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies to our gym for a Paleo dessert party and they were a big hit. I made a few modifications from the original recipe and these are a winner. Delish!
Almond Butter Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup almond butter love Barney Butter smooth!
- 1/3 cup honey can sub real maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tbsp. almond extract or can use all vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt *only add the salt if you are using unsalted almond butter
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips such as Enjoy Life brand
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Oil baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Stir together first 7 ingredients. Mix well. Make sure honey is fully incorporated.
- Add coconut and chocolate chips and mix until well combined.
- Scoop with a cookie scoop onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 9-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove pan from oven and allow cookies to cool on sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Yield: about 20 cookies with a level 2 Tbsp. cookie scoop
- Adapted From Fast Paleo