This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A deliciously simple recipe for flourless Paleo chocolate chip cookies made with creamy almond butter, honey, shredded unsweetened coconut, and dark chocolate chips.
These almond butter dark chocolate chip cookies are freaking amazing!! I don’t miss the flour in this recipe. This Paleo diet-friendly dessert is one of the best I’ve tasted. Our friends brought these addictive Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies to our gym for a “healthier” dessert party and they were a huge hit. I made a few modifications from the original recipe to come up with this version and these are a winner. Super easy and so tasty!
Shopping List For This Recipe:
- Almond butter (1 cup)
- Honey (⅓ cup)
- 1 Egg
- Vanilla extract
- Almond extract
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Shredded Unsweetened Coconut (⅔ cup)
- Dark Chocolate Chips (Enjoy Life brand)(½ cup)
How To Store Chocolate Chip Cookies
Store these cookies in an airtight container after they have completely cooled at room temperature for up to three days. You can also freeze them in an airtight freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
More Delicious Paleo Dessert Ideas
Almond Butter Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup almond butter love Barney Butter smooth!
- ⅓ cup honey can sub real maple syrup
- 1 egg
- ½ Tbsp. vanilla extract
- ½ Tbsp. almond extract or can use all vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt *only add the salt if you are using unsalted almond butter
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ⅔ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips such as Enjoy Life brand
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Oil baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Stir together first 7 ingredients. Mix well. Make sure honey is fully incorporated.
- Add coconut and chocolate chips and mix until well combined.
- Scoop with a cookie scoop onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 9-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove pan from oven and allow cookies to cool on sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Yield: about 20 cookies with a level 2 Tbsp. cookie scoop
- Adapted From Fast Paleo