This recipe uses heart-healthy lean beef, Red Gold’s spicy tomato blend and feta cheese for a mouthwatering burger with loads of flavor! My kids love them on a bun, but my husband and I enjoy them in a lettuce wrap with tomatoes, onions, fresh avocado and a drizzle of Shiracha mayo. Burger heaven!
I love my slider press for making perfect little burgers.
- 1 lb lean ground beef (I used local grassfed beef)
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 (14.5oz) can Red Gold petite diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained of all liquid
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Drain all liquid from tomatoes, I use a fine mesh colander for this and press all the liquid out, make sure it's drained really well or your burgers won't hold together
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well, using your hands to blend
- Form into patties, use a slider press if you have one
- Grill to desired temperature over medium-high heat
*Red Gold provided me with product samples. All opinions are my own and not influenced in any way.