Move over Starbucks, now there’s something healthier! This latte makeover is delicious and made with real pumpkin puree and coconut sugar, a natural sugar substitute. I used my new Keurig Elite Brewer to make this recipe. It was super convenient and only required one coffee pod to make the two latte servings. I’ve owned a Keurig for the last 7 years and it has been one of my favorite kitchen gadgets. I was thrilled to update to this newer, quieter model with a filtration system and descaling feature. Since I only drink one cup of coffee in the morning, nothing is wasted when I can brew a single cup. When making this latte, a good bold roast coffee is best for great flavor.
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp bourbon vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 4 tbsp whole milk
- Combine all ingredients, except coffee, in a microwave safe container
- Stir to blend well and cook on high for 1 minute (can also do this on the stovetop, whisking until hot)
- Stir mixture and set aside
- Divide coffee between two mugs and pour pumpkin mixture on top using a fine mesh strainer to catch any remaining pumpkin pulp
- Garnish with cinnamon or freshly grated nutmeg and enjoy
*I was provided product for my review. All opinions are my own and not influenced in any way.