Smoothies are a staple in this household. My kids love them and it’s a quick and easy breakfast on the run. This Healthy Halloween smoothie is a festive way to celebrate the holiday, while getting in some quality nutrients. You can use an organic carrot juice with no additives or juice your own homemade version ahead of time and store it in the fridge. This smoothie is loaded with lean muscle-building protein (24 grams with the protein powder I used) to help keep you full and satisfied. It also tastes delicious!
- ¼ cup carrot juice (can also use unsweetened pineapple or double the orange)
- ¼ cup Trop50 orange juice
- ½ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ scoop vanilla whey protein powder (or your favorite protein powder)
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately
This Healthy Halloween smoothie makes a great breakfast, snack or quick lunch!
Throw some frozen mango or pineapple in there for an added nutrient boost!